105 Results for Philosophy

Descartes’ Archimedean point is “I think, therefore I am,” although the phrasing for that principle is not to be found in Meditations on First Philosophy, but in one of his earlier works. However, he arrives at the same conclusion in Meditation II, which focuses on the fact that the human mi...
Bertrand Russell is a very adamant philosopher and he feels strongly about how philosophy relates to people and everyday life. He is a strong believer in philosophical thinking and casting doubt upon everyday questions and actions. Russell believes that philosophy can enlarge our intellect by ask...
I remembered a quotation that my professor in history used to say during our discussions about the Marcos regime. He always said “the means justified the end.” He stated that “During the dictatorship the Filipino was known as a well disciplined country, people in the Philippines walk in the st...