22 Results for Mind

Getting a burst of inspiration is important, but the billion dollars question is where to find the magic of inspiration. As Peter Elbow puts it in his essay Freewriting, nobody can just sit around to wait for a great idea to show up. Inspirations aren’t interested in writers who sit around but not...
How Prepared Am I for College Writing? I’ve always thought of myself as a decent writer. Not necessarily amazing but I don’t usually struggle to write a paper either. Having been at the community college to finish up my high school years has greatly helped my writing. Honestly, English h...
Shakespeare is relevant to my life in many different ways. He gives me pleasure while I read any of his novels, especially when they are talking about Love. Love has a big part in Shakespeare’s writings. It is the most important thing in the world. It brings happiness and peace. Shakespeare p...
After reading both essays entitled “Why I Write,” by George Orwell and Joan Diddion, I immediately noticed three main resemblances between the authors: They both share the uncontrollable passion and drive that it takes to become a successful writer, they use writing as some form of therapy and/...